Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No Means No "All Roads Lead to Ausfahrt" CD

I had basically written NOMEANSNO off after Andy Kerr left the band. That was a mistake. To say this is a return to form would be a mistake. But the idea being that this full length is chock full of that jazz driven hardcore that NOMEANSNO have been creating for years. And the only mistake is about how great this is that the band has surpassed the benchmarks set in the past. Lyrically the band is as biting as before with songs like “Mondo Nihilissimo 2000”. I think of this as the band starting where “Wrong” left off and just raising the bar. There will never be anyone as great as NOMEANSNO. I think of them as modern day experimental jazz musicians with a punk edge to grind.

The songs found on this release are:

1. Wake Up
2. In Her Eyes
3. Mr. In Between
4. I See A Mansion in the Sky
5. Ashes
6. So Low
7. Faith
8. Heaven is the Dust beneath My Shoes
9. Mondo Nihilissimo 2000
10. The Hawk Killed the Punk
11. I'm Dreaming and I Can't Wake Up
12. 'Til I Die
13. Slugs are Burning

The label that released this is Ant Acid Audio – P.O. Box 1778 / Ohmada, CA / 94563 / USA


















No comments:

Post a Comment