Sunday, July 14, 1991

One Blood "Building a World of Prosperity with the Efficiency of the Free Enterprise System" LP


This was our full length LP. We recorded it at Pete Hudson Studios in July 1991 over a couple of weekends. Although two of the tracks were recorded a year earlier at a different studio. The record was teh first release on Germ Blandsten Records, which was a label that Charles Maggio started up. Charles was from New Jersey and sang in Rorschach and we got to meet him when he came up to play a bunch of shows in Southern Ontario. Charles dug us and wanted to put us out as his first release. There was a big newsprint booklet included in the record that has lyric and graphics about each song. Omar's brother played harmonica at the beginning of "Indian Summer". This was our last release although we had planned for more. The songs on here are:
1. Indian Summer
2. Settler Nations
3. Make the Links
4. Reform Party
5. Safe
6. Can You Feel It?
7. Operation Exodus
8. The Heat Is On
9. Uncle Joe's Revenge
10. Guardian Angel
11. Life Vision
12. Opinion Control in the Democracies

2 comments:

  1. Hi man!

    My name is Tim. I was born in Russia, but now I live in Vancouver. I'm doing punk radioshow We All Fall Down ( http://weallfalldowncitr.tumblr.com ) on CiTR [thats a college station at University of British Columbia]

    Last week I interviewed Thomas of Strike Anywhere. I asked a question about his favorite Canadian bands, he was talking about Propagandhi, Real McKenzies, Subhumans, SNFU, I spy and other great Canadian bands and he told me about this great album by the band called One Blood and a great song which inspired him, called Indian Summer.

    Last 2 days I was looking all over internet, trying to find a link or any connection with the band. And finally I found your blog and this link.

    Could you please send this album to me, because I want to play this song on my radioshow? I'm really interested to listen to this song myself, because Thomas was describing like an amazing song! If you don't mind, could you please send me the album!

    I'm so happy I found you!
    Thank you so much!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I remember there being a big First Nation centric vibe on this LP. So I just wanted to ask- were any of the members of this band kin to the indigeonous tribes of North America? Just curious...

    (btw, you can email me directly at gulogulo02906@gmail.com my name is Badger)

    ReplyDelete